Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

After debating with myself for many blog posts, I have decided to try my hand at the video essay!

Korosi, Rego. "YouTube Logo" 4/1/10 via Flickr. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.

Why the Video Essay?
Honestly, I'm not completely sure why I want to do that one first. I had already chosen which project I wanted to use the podcast and college essay on and I was down to the QRG and video essay. I think the Thirty Meter Telescope controversy will suit a video essay because there are a lot people involved. This controversy is less about the engineering and more about the people and culture.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?
I am planning to make an animated informational video essay. Next week, I will be producing animation and figuring out whether I want it to be completely animated with a voice over or cut between animated scenes and filmed scenes. I will also have to decide how I wish to add credits for the recycled pics and video footage I may use. I will also have to figure out how to add music to the video.

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?
I am absolutely terrified, yet excited about the artsy elements. The challenges are going to be my attempt at digital animation. I've done intense flip book animation videos with hundreds of frames previously, but this time I'm going to try to start with digital art instead of paper I scanned into the computer...if that fails, I'll turn to filming/splicing footage together...hopefully it won't fail miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment