Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

Here comes the fun part: Self- reflection. Self- Reflection, though it can be painful and make one feel terrible, is helpful for the future. So here it is:

Robiez, Antoine. "Distortion of Reality" 4/16/13 via Flickr. Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic.

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall.

I don't really know how I feel about this thing. I've been doing edits all week, but true to form, I always freak out the day things are due and obsess over every little detail. I'm really proud of all the work and research I put into my blog posts and hope I managed to convey all that information in my QRG too.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

The main weakness of my QRG is the conclusion. I never, ever know how to end things and wrap them up efficiently. I just ended my QRG with the successes/losses of all the stakeholders but I don't know if I connected everything well enough.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

The strengths of my QRG are the descriptions of imagery and the stakeholders. I tried really hard to use vivid imagery and active, specific actions to describe them. I also feel the carefully chosen pictures and tweets strengthened my argument instead of adding superfluous details.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails....

Honestly, I did not procrastinate as much as I would normally on a writing assignment. Though I really burnt myself out with the research and blog posts so developing and polishing my QRG was kind of painful. Also, when I went into this project, I thought it would take me less time than a standard essay. Boy, was I wrong. This thing took an incredible amount of time that was hard to find sufficient time slots in my schedule. This was one of the most intensive writing projects I have ever done due to the massive amounts of information I had to synthesize into a cohesive whole. The fails were that I focused so much time and effort into blog posts, that I put less into the actual paper. The triumphs are that I am pretty proud of my work and learned a lot about integrating social media into papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment