Monday, March 28, 2016

Editorial Report 9a

Let's work on one of my genre examples. I choose a popular article about a black hole.

Rough cut
re-edited selection of part of popular articles-black hole

1) How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
I integrated a quote from one of my interviews in the previous segment that I build off of in this segment about the black hole. I try to tie the quote withe the rhetorical strategies used by the author of the black hole article-the use of strategies that simplifies one's language and uses analogies that are easy to understand.
2) How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I added sound effects of a baby when I talked about the descriptions the author uses on the black hole. Did you know YouTube has entire playlists(and I mean long playlists) of babies crying? Finding my sound effects was probably the most annoying 20 minutes of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment