Monday, March 28, 2016

Reflection on Post-Production

Project two is finally finished!! Even though it was a struggle to get it in, I am proud of the work I did.

1) What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
I feel the editing process was very useful. Generally, when I create rough drafts, they are tweaked a little then turned in. However, this rough draft was majorly reworked. Not only has some of the content changed, but I feel the form was completely changed. I feel like I understand better what the conventions of a podcast are, even though I started out with no knowledge about podcast making.
2) What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
Well, I got very ill and lost my voice. This does not bode well for a project that relies on me speaking. It was my fault that I waited until Sunday morning to record (when I woke up without a voice) but college often has the habit of overwhelming its victims with more tests and lab reports than is healthy.
3) How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
Since I got behind, I am struggling not to get buried by the next project. You were completely right, once one gets behind it is very hard to catch up.
4) How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I'm proud of my work. I turned in the best product that I was able to. Though I know I will never become a podcaster when I grow up, I feel like my podcast was a solid first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment