Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review 9A for Hannah Gardner

Now that we all have rough drafts, it is time to peer review them and make suggestions for some changes. I decided to do a peer review on Hannah Gardener's Podcast called Writing in Psychology.

Here is a link to my feedback on Hannah's blog.

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed 
I decided to focus on the form of the podcast.
An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback
It seems to me that the podcast is by far the least known of the genres we are using for the class. Therefore, focusing on the form will hopefully help out the author if they were feeling lost. Also, since I am doing a podcast, analyzing someone else's project on form helps me out a lot as I can reflect on my own too.
An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback
Based on the professional podcast examples vs the fellow student podcast examples, I feel the main reason the porfessional podcast were better was due to the form. The student podcasts had great content, content that is a s deep and well researched as the professional podcasts, but the delivery was not as good. Therefore, I tried to give feeback on form so the delivery of Hannah's podcast is as great as her content.
One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I really liked how Hannah very clearly stated the importance of the genres she spoke about and the shifts in the genres due to technology. I will definitely add much more to the importance of the genre examples I choose because when I listened to Hannah's my attention was captures when she spoke of the greater significance and I think other audience members will react the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment