Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflection on Production

Now that I've started recording content for my podcast, let's reflect on the production process.

What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
It took me a while to learn about the audio editing software I am using. However, after spending a good hour just experimenting, testing, and googling, I feel confident using the basic features of the software easily and efficiently.
What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
Apparently, it is extremely hard for me to sound natural on a voice recording. I would record, and think as I was recording that I sound like I do naturally. Then I would listen to the recording to edit and find, to my horror, that I sounded stilted and had a bunch of awkward pauses. The difference between how I think I sound and how I actually sound was shocking, especially with the pauses.
How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
I am definitely going to have to make a lot of edits. I don't know if I managed to convey the correct/proper amount of details to invoke the proper imagery in the listener's mind. I am also going to have to work on the transitions between different audio clips.
How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I feel like my first attempt at creating a podcast has been fairly successful. After re-recording I was able to make myself sound less awkward and I was able to figure out how to use the software to eliminate long pauses. Now, I need to add some music, as per podcast conventions, and take feedback from the peer reviews to tighten up my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment