Monday, March 28, 2016

Editorial Report 9b

The introduction of a project is more important than people realize. Therefore, I want to give my intro some extra work:




1) How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

Well, apart from sounding significantly less awkward than in the first opening recording, I added many more details. I defined ethos, logos, and pathos and talked about how they fit into this project (which I had realized I had completely forgotten in the first try). I tried to stress the importance of these strategies. 

2) How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I added a stinger at the very beginning to inform the audience exactly what the podcast will be about within the first 20 seconds. I realized in my first attempt, it took a good minute to figure out what the podcast was even about. Then I added intro music and attempted to add some sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment