Friday, May 6, 2016

Peer Review 15a for Ben Barnett

This week's peer review features Ben Barnett's rough draft for his podcast on the final self-reflection. My comments on this blog post can be found here.

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed
  • I tried suggesting content changes.
An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)
  • I suggested that Ben should add some evidence to his claims. As it is hard to add empirical evidence to a reflection on a writing process, I suggested that he should talk about the changing quality of his writing as the quality of his lifestyle improved due to developing good habits. I also suggested he talk about the pride he takes in his work- if he loves his finished work then he truly had a successful semester in English.
An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback
  • I reminded him of the rubric of the self-reflection where it suggests for you to reference your past work as evidence.
One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from
  • I loved the light-hearted humor that was infused throughout the podcast script. I feel like humor is a really good tool to use when reflecting on one's past actions (especially for the majority of us who made bad choices)

No comments:

Post a Comment