Sunday, April 17, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

Okie dokie, here is my rough draft on Sex Ed in America.

Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know
  • Only the intro has a voice over. I was mainly focusing on gathering the pictures and video clips I really wanted to use and collecting them in one place.
Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)
  • I know the graphics for the intro are not great. I'm trying out different editing softwares still and am unhappy with the ones I have tried so far.
Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

  • I feel pretty confident that I have most of the sources/graphs/stats/video clips that I want to keep for the rest of the process. As I add voice over I may add more content.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I know you don't have voice-over on most of your project but I just want to say that I'm absolutely impressed. You prove credibility through your sources, and I really love how you use counterargument. By giving the opposing points and refuting them, it establishes your arguments strongly while disproving the counterarguments I think it's a really good move. Your sources are VERY informative and well-placed. Even without the voice-over, I thoroughly enjoyed your draft.

    All I can think to suggest is coming up with some sort of strong hook to invest your audience immediately. I think the overview of the history of abstinence-only education was really well-explained and belonged there, but it didn't give your intro a super-huge interest factor. Maybe even something as simple as a little intro sound effect or song clip could catch the audience's attention. Brainstorm these things and get your voice-over on there and I think you'll be golden! Great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I think you are doing a great job so far. I would just like to suggest that on the transition scenes that you should make them something other than a solid black color. Maybe put a picture or something there instead. Also, don't forget to put music in the video. Other than that, Good job and Good luck on Project 3.

    ReplyDelete